back to exhibitor news and tips
What's the Matter
Have you ever exhibited in a show where just about everyone did well except for you? It happens, and barring being positioned next to a karaoke stage, I’ve found that typically, the reason for less-than-expected results is one or more of the Seven Ps of participating in a show.
- Price – your competition is under-pricing you and you don’t have a competitive advantage to compensate.
- Product – sorry but you don’t have what they want.
- Presentation – your exhibit is not doing its job.
- Personality – the person working your exhibit is not trained, prepared, or simply not who needs to be there.
- Professionalism – the person working the exhibit is not the expert show guests are expecting, or does not look the part.
- Pre-promotion – you’re relying only on walk-by traffic, as opposed to inviting customers and prospects to come see you.
- Post-Show follow through – letting the leads collected at the show go to waste.
David J. Zimmerman
Southern Shows Inc.