What Can I Expect From the Location at the Prime Osborn Convention Center?
Our location at the Prime Osborn Convention Center attracts a diverse audience from the heart of Jacksonville and surrounding areas. Our location offers exhibitors exceptional space and a location that appeals to a young, savvy demographic (as well as the faithful who have made the show a part of their lives for more than two decades).
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT LOGISTICS AND WHAT TO EXPECT?
Southern Women’s Show is located in Halls A and B and the Ballroom. The Show Office and registration desk is located on the main convention center floor lobby across from Hall A in room 104.
Tuesday, October 15th from 2-6pm
Wednesday, October 16th from 9am-7pm
If you have any questions prior to that time, please call Assistant Show Manager Alexandra Smith at 704-494-7564. Drive-in is allowed Tuesday ONLY and exhibitors will drive in Door 6 and out of Door 1.
- Exhibitors are expected to follow instructions of Hicks Convention Services staff manning the docks. Convention staff, security, and show personnel will monitor.
- No parking of vehicles in the loading docks with the exception of loading and unloading merchandise.
- The Convention Center is not a Union facility.
- The Convention Center does not provide carts or dollies.
- Exhibitors are expected to adhere to the hours provided by show management for loading in and out of the Convention Center.
- Carts and heavy conveyance are not permitted through any glass doors in the facility (this includes the main entrance.)
- Only hand-carry items are permissible from the main entrances.
- The Convention Center does not have a shipping and receiving department. Any drayage or exhibitor merchandise must be shipped directly to the decorator.
HOW DO I MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR TECHNICAL NEEDS?
NOTE: All technical equipment/needs must be ordered and paid for by October 4th to receive the advance rate. Click here for forms.
- Internet Wireless Internet service is now complimentary.
- Phone Services Standard phone line - $125 or $140 for standard phone line with phone instrument.
- Electrical 120 Volt Lighting and Utility Outlets
Standard 5 Amp holds up to 500 watts - $60
Standard 10 Amp holds up to 1000 watts -$79
Standard 15 Amp holds up to 1500 watts - $97
Standard 20 Amp holds up to 2000 watts - $109
Standard 30 Amp holds up to 3000 watts - $120
- For more information about Internet/Electrical/ Phone accommodations, please contact Nancy at the Prime Osborn Convention Center: (904) 630-4010 or email@example.com.
CAN I RENT DECOR OR SHOULD I BRING MY OWN DECOR?
Yes, you can rent decor from the Show Decorator - Hicks Convention Services. Click HERE
for order form.
If you prefer to bring your own decor, that is acceptable.
Please note that floor covering is required.
ARE FOOD AND CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE IN THE CONVENTION CENTER?
The concession area is located in the lobby area, where you will find burgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, french fries, salads, and other snacks.
Food trucks with a variety of food options will be on show site on Friday. Food purchased from food trucks will be allowed inside the show.
SAVOR...Jacksonville is the exclusive caterer at the Prime Osborn. Per their regulations, food and beverages purchased off site are not permitted inside the show. If you have dietary restrictions that would require you to bring in food and beverages purchased off site, please contact Show Management in advance of the show.
WHAT ABOUT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBILITY OR SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS?
All of the bathrooms are handicap accessible and provide a handicap stall.
There are handicap ramps located throughout the building. Every level in the building is accessible by elevators as well as escalators.
Wheelchairs are not provided.
ARE THERE SPECIAL RATES FOR EXHIBITORS AT AREA HOTELS?
Yes. We will be posting a special hotel rate for exhibitors closer to the show.
WHAT RESTAURANTS ARE CLOSE TO THE CONVENTION CENTER?
- River City Brewing Company 835 Museum Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32207 0.94 miles
- The Wine Cellar 1314 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207 1.12 miles
- Black Sheep 1534 Oak St., Jacksonville, FL 32204 1.18 miles
- Al’s Pizza 1620 Margaret St., Jacksonville, FL 32204 1.2 miles
- Bistro Aix 1440 San Marco Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207 1.33 miles
- V Pizza 1406 Hendricks Ave, Jacksonville, FL 1.60 miles
- European Street Cafe 1704 San Marco Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207 1.61 miles
- Taverna 1986 San Marco Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32099 1.95 miles