Family Owned and Community Served
Follow the aroma of the 100% Arabica coffee beans over to the Community Coffee exhibit to try a sample. What makes this coffee so special? Family owned for four generations and named in appreciation of the community of family and friends of it’s founder, Community Coffee serves up great-tasting blends for coffee lovers everywhere. Taste the roasting pride of Baton Rouge, LA; learn about their generous Cash for Schools and Military Match programs; plus pick up a coupon at their exhibit space – just look for the trolley!
Check out this delicious recipe made with Community Coffee.
Coffee Crusted Cedar Planked Salmon Salad
¼ cups Brown sugar, dark
¼ cup Community® Coffee Dark roast,
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Chili powder
2 teaspoons Coriander, ground
2 teaspoons Black pepper, course ground
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic, powder
9 pounds Salmon, boneless, skinless, portioned into 24 (6 oz.) filets
12 (4” rectangle boards) Cedar grilling planks, soaked in cold water for 3 hours
- In a large bowl, combine, brown sugar, Community® Coffee, Old Bay, coriander, black pepper, salt and garlic salts
- Place the salmon filets on the cedar planks
- Coat the salmon pieces completely with the spice rub.
- Over a high heat wood grill, place the salmon on the grill. Cover and cook until the spice rub has melted, about seven to ten minutes. Medium rare is a nice choice.
- Remove the planks from the grill and loosely cover with foil. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes so that they continue.
16 cups, mixed field greens
12 Roma tomatoes, diced
4 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- Toss with salad dressing.
- Plate portions and top with grilled salmon
4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cup Balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place vinegars and all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream, whisking steadily until an emulsion is formed and the oil is not separated from the vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
Welcome Peanut Lovers
Whether you’re a fitness junkie, busy parent, sleep-deprived student or diehard sweet tooth, peanut butter is the perfect pairing for all of life’s moments. Peanuts and peanut butter are a great way to boost energy and add protein to your diet.
Join the Southern Peanut Growers
on the Cooking Stage and stop by their exhibit to pick up delicious recipes, cooking tips and more information. The Southern Peanut Growers
educate American consumers about the U.S. peanut industry and its product – one jar of peanut butter at a time.
Mrs. Grissomís Salads
Taste the quality and old fashioned goodness. Whether you’re hungry for lunch, dinner or simply a snack, Mrs. Grissom’s Salads are the right choice anytime!
There’s something for every palate at the Southern Women’s Show. Whether you prefer salty to sweet or mild to hot, you’re sure to find a taste to please you! Brittle Brothers
offers the perfect balance of sweet and nutty in their delicious gourmet brittles. Take your taste buds on a world tour with hand-picked, world class imported products from A Taste for Life
! Sample Guava Bars from Pollo Tropical
. And take home some of Bourbon Barrel Foods’
collection of all-natural, award winning gourmet foods that embrace the history and mystique of Kentucky's Bourbon Country.
All Things Quiche
With the freshest and finest ingredients, you won’t be able to resist Pam DeBenedetto’s soul-warming quiches! Raised on her family’s dairy farm, she grew up with a taste for farm-fresh eggs and milk. Stop by All Things Quiche
in exhibit #1316 and take home a delicious and satisfying meal for your family!