Family Owned and Community Served
Follow the aroma of the 100% Arabica coffee beans over to the Community Coffee exhibit to try a sample. What makes this coffee so special? Family owned for four generations and named in appreciation of the community of family and friends of it’s founder, Community Coffee serves up great-tasting blends for coffee lovers everywhere. Taste the roasting pride of Baton Rouge, LA; learn about their generous Cash for Schools and Military Match programs; plus pick up a coupon at their exhibit space – just look for the trolley!
Check out this delicious recipe made with Community Coffee.
Coffee Crusted Cedar Planked Salmon Salad
¼ cups Brown sugar, dark
¼ cup Community® Coffee Dark roast,
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Chili powder
2 teaspoons Coriander, ground
2 teaspoons Black pepper, course ground
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic, powder
9 pounds Salmon, boneless, skinless, portioned into 24 (6 oz.) filets
12 (4” rectangle boards) Cedar grilling planks, soaked in cold water for 3 hours
- In a large bowl, combine, brown sugar, Community® Coffee, Old Bay, coriander, black pepper, salt and garlic salts
- Place the salmon filets on the cedar planks
- Coat the salmon pieces completely with the spice rub.
- Over a high heat wood grill, place the salmon on the grill. Cover and cook until the spice rub has melted, about seven to ten minutes. Medium rare is a nice choice.
- Remove the planks from the grill and loosely cover with foil. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes so that they continue.
16 cups, mixed field greens
12 Roma tomatoes, diced
4 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- Toss with salad dressing.
- Plate portions and top with grilled salmon
4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cup Balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place vinegars and all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream, whisking steadily until an emulsion is formed and the oil is not separated from the vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
Taste the Milo's Difference
has crafted a variety of products to please any palate. Satisfy your sweet tooth with their Famous Sweet Tea, quench your thirst with their All Natural Lemonade or rejuvenate with their Organic Green Citrus tea. Whichever you choose, you can be certain that all of Milo’s products are fresh brewed, all natural with no preservatives or additives. Stop by their exhibit space at the Southern Women’s Show and Taste the Milo’s Difference.
Entertaining Made Easy
The best host is the prepared host. Stay prepared all year long with great dip mixes from All Natural Dips. They are a family owned company providing unique dip mixes that are gluten free, have no preservatives and are located right here in Charleston. These dips are the perfect appetizers for holiday gatherings or impromptu dinners with friends. With flavors ranging from Crawfish Creole, Sundried Tomato Bliss, and more there is sure to be something for everyone. Stop by their exhibit space and taste of few!
Taste a Piece of the Lowcountry
Calling all food enthusiasts, be sure to stop by Charleston Specialty Foods at the show. They offer a variety of delicious, authentic southern treats from the best brands around. Their locally based selections are always made from the finest ingredients and traditional recipes.